Ballinure Church which is dedicated to St. Matthew, lies in ruins onnthe site of the Killenaule/Cashel road, four and a half miles west of Killenaule. A report from Fr. Skehan’s state that the church was 59′ by 23′. Its side walls were 7′ high 3′ thick and it was constructed of limedstone. He also states that at the time of his inspection, all that remained was the south wall and east and west gables. On the west gable was a belfry which was then removed. There was, and still is, a quadrangular window on the east gable, inside which was a segmented arch. The Topographical Survey of Ireland taken in 1948 states that at the time, the north side wall was missing, but otherwise all the walls were at their original heights. The features remaining at the time were a belfry of limestone rising from the west gable, which was reported by Fr. Skehan as being removed.
There is a double light east window, the dividing mullion of which is missing, a vaulted chamber extending from the west gable. This appeared to,have been a construction of a much later date and it was, and still is, evident from the walls that this part of the building was originally lofted. Against the gable on the interior is the tomb of the Taylor family of Noan and Ballinure. Buried here are the following – Nathaniel Taylor of Ballinure, Godfrey Taylor of Noan, Edward Taylor of Noan,and his daughter, Anne Taylor. Nathaniel Taylor and Eliza Taylor are also buried here.
– The History & Folklore of Killenaule/Moyglass 1990